Thursday, November 3, 2011

What to do when a sick needed healing? Pray??? NO!!!

What to do when a sick needed healing? Pray??? NO!!! ... Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give... The Power is in you... execute It!
· · · Tuesday at 3:40pm
    • Joel Brueseke
      Peter, Paul and James were wrong then. ;)

      Acts 9:40-41
      40 But Peter put them all out, and knelt down and prayed. And turning to the body he said, "Tabitha, arise." And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up. 41 Then he gave her his hand and lifted her up; and when he had called the saints and widows, he presented her alive.

      Acts 28:8
      8 And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him.

      James 5:13-14
      13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
      Tuesday at 7:49pm · · 5
    • Chris Kimmell is prayin
      Tuesday at 7:50pm · · 4
    • Pang William Peter, Paul and James weren't wrong... only i am wrong and i don't intend to explain myself either. It doesn't matter if none understood me... but i know my Father does. Shalom.
      Tuesday at 9:18pm · · 7
    • Joel Brueseke The power - the life of Christ - is in us indeed. I wasn't objecting to that at all, but rather to the emphatic "NO!!!" in regards to praying for the sick. But the spirit of your post is excellent... Christ, the Great Physician living in us!
      Tuesday at 9:59pm · · 4
    • Steve Elsmore Praying as in begging and hoping maybe if God is in a good mood he might heal maybe... is way different than praying with the power and direction of the Holy Spirit to accomplish the healing work that we have the authority to do. I agree with Pang William, we pray but with power not with hearts that say maybe.
      Tuesday at 11:29pm · · 5
    • Steve Elsmore It's all tied up in our identity in Jesus, our position as sons of God. The authority that Jesus received from the Father and gave to us.
      Tuesday at 11:40pm · · 4
    • Sharon Fryer Prayin, as in sayin: Rise and BE HEALED In The Name of Jesus!
      Tuesday at 11:41pm · · 4
    • Steve Elsmore Exactly.
      Tuesday at 11:46pm · · 2
    • Ginger Carlton I agree with you Steve Elsmore, but to add another dimension to this is the love factor..... We need to see the love God has for those who need healing in their bodies, minds, and spirits. Healing could be called "a love encounter with God.... for God is love and He is the Healer". Just thinkin'...
      Tuesday at 11:51pm · · 2
    • Steve Elsmore Right on Ginger Carlton!
      Tuesday at 11:52pm · · 1
    • David Vines
      All of you are talking about some of the the things we get and have and possess and "do" daily as well because of what Jesus did on the cross and brings into us and brings us into, In Him. And these are the additional things brought about in us, In Him, by the fruits of the Spirit in us, In Him. I hope I explained what I meant, adequately. All of this has nothing to do with "works" at all. But all come from resting in His Rest, In Him.
      Yesterday at 12:06am · · 2
    • Ginger Carlton
      Praying is our way of communicating with the Father, Son and HS. This takes many forms. We are told to "1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. " If we pray for the undertanding we will know what the Spirit desires for us to pray. If we're not sure what to pray or how to pray, we must needs depend on the Spirit of the Living God and pray in the Spirit. You will receive the correct answer for your prayer. Perhaps taking authority over the sickness is what is needed or perhaps it may be for the Lord to heal a deeper root that will be the catalyst for the healing of the body.... Uh oh Steve, I'm getting preachy. Anyway, I think that the HS will help us to pray just the right thing for the people He has guided us to pray for!
      Yesterday at 12:10am · · 2
    • Alan St Andrew
      Summoning faith, or more correctly, squashing unbelief, belief in the evidence of the senses, like that of a body lying lifeless before you, may require prayer in preparation of USING THAT FAITH, now "purified" as it were, to RAISE THE LIFE IN THAT BODY.

      Note that in 2 of the examples you cited, Joel, they prayed first, THEN laid hands, or uttered command. The example in James is for one who is not yet able to summon that pure faith on their own, a "young" Christian, and does show that "praying" for the sick is not "wrong." I look to 1 Cor 8 for the path through this one. If one's strength of conscience toward God through Jesus is "sufficient," one can "just do it," as William indicated citing Jesus' words in Mark. If one's strength of conscience toward God through Jesus is not "sufficient," one is not "wrong." Jesus met us where we were, and He still does. Everyone is found in some stage of "growth" in intimacy with the Lord at any given moment in time in this world, as seen in Paul's prayer in Colossians 1, and at EVERY stage, we are to OPERATE in Him, in the state we are in at that moment. But, we should NEVER be "stagnant" in that particular growth. We continually seek that greater recognition in ourselves of that intimacy that has been given through Christ, and as we seek, so we find. In the process, our "strength of conscience" consequently grows also, and we find we are able in fact to do His "works, and greater works." Maimed are made whole WHILE others look on, dead get up alive, cancers DROP OFF, etc. And as seen in the example of the boy with the demon the disciples "couldn't" cast out, an "undefeated record" is not the assurance of success that worldly thinking would consider it. Only that continual "stretching" toward increased intimacy with Father through His Son can give that assurance, again epitomized in Paul.
      Yesterday at 12:19am · · 4
    • Alan St Andrew By the same token, a "0 wins" record is no impediment, and of course does not disprove Truth...

      12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (ESV)
      Yesterday at 12:22am · · 2
    • Alan St Andrew OK, so William cited MATTHEW! LOL!
      Yesterday at 12:24am · · 2
    • Joel Brueseke
      I've read all these comments, and I think there are really great points here. I don't think there's one "correct" way about this. :)

      Peter knelt and prayed and then turned toward the body and said, "Tabitha, arise."

      Paul went in to Publius and prayed, and then laid hands on him and healed him.

      James talked about elders praying "over" the sick person and anointing with oil, and didn't say anything about declaring or laying hands.

      My original point is that prayer /is/ involved, at least in these instances. I personally pray for people when they are sick, and I also pray for myself when I am sick. :)
      Yesterday at 12:44am · · 1
    • Joel Brueseke My daughter has Celiac Disease, and last night she had a bad reaction to something she ate, and there she lay in her bed, with a miserable headache. I went in and prayed 'for' her and I also laid my hands on her. Did I do it wrong? There are some 'healing warriors' out there who would tell me I went about it totally wrong. But they're full of it. :D
      Yesterday at 12:47am · · 5
    • Alan St Andrew
      Our 'commonly held' notions of what is or is not "prayer" also enter into this. James speaks of Elijah's "fervent" prayer that stopped the rain. Looking at 1 Kings 17, we see that the "prayer" that is recorded is a DECLARATION.

      1 Now Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.” 1 Kings 17:1 (ESV)
      Yesterday at 12:49am · · 3
    • Alan St Andrew Of course, Joel, you're not wrong. And I applaud your recognition of the "life" in what William conveyed.
      Yesterday at 12:55am · · 2
    • Alan St Andrew Some of those "healing warriors" have said that PETER did it "all wrong," at the Beautiful Gate!

      I'm not buying that, no matter WHAT THE "DISCOUNT!"
      Yesterday at 12:56am · · 3
    • Kelly Martin-Shirk loving all this talk today about prayer/ praying
      Yesterday at 1:00am · · 3
    • David Vines
      As I see this, along with the other "things" that happen to me as a joint-equal-heir, people are drawn to me, just like they were to Jesus, they are sometimes brought to me by someone else, just like they were to Jesus, sometimes I basically stumble upon them and discern things, just like what happened with Jesus. Why? Because He is in me. So what do I "do"? Of couse I immediate say I am not going to do anything, I am under Grace and therefore I am not going to do any works at all, not even pray. Oh, wait. If I let Him (Jesus) do the things needing to be done, then I am not "doing" or "working", am I? If not, then that is what I "do" with my joint-equal-heir's authority and power. Then ABBA does His plan for that person's life, in His timing. It is out of my hands at that point. Just saying. It works for me.
      Yesterday at 1:09am · · 2
    • Joel Brueseke
      Yeah, having been in various pentecostal circles in my life (although it's been a while now), at different times I've heard and believed and practiced all kinds of things in regards to healing the sick. I've laid hands, I've been anointed with oil, I've prayed quietly, I've prayed out loud, I've prayed "over" people, I've "declared," I've "claimed," I've said, "by His stripes we are healed," etc, etc. All of it has been "biblical" from the perspective of whoever is teaching it.

      But the conclusion I've come to is that I simply believe /God/ and I leave the consequences in His capable hands.
      Yesterday at 1:11am · · 4
    • Alan St Andrew Yep. Only believe. Let the "forms" develop according to the needs of the situation....
      Yesterday at 1:12am · · 4
    • David Vines Amen Joel. Your lat sentence should have been mine in my post.
      Yesterday at 1:13am · · 4
    • Sharon Fryer Love what you said, Alan! We simply DECLARE THE WORD OF GOD! And then of course the manifistation of the healing is not our responsibility!
      Yesterday at 1:15am · · 4
    • Alan St Andrew Only our BELIEVING is our responsibility. And He gives us "joint-credit" for the doing.....
      Yesterday at 1:17am · · 2
    • Alan St Andrew WHAT A DEAL!!!
      Yesterday at 1:18am · · 2
    • Alan St Andrew THAT is what the world calls, "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!"
      Yesterday at 1:18am · · 2
    • David Vines Amen, Alan.
      Yesterday at 1:18am · · 2
    • Esther Casas Cambaya Agree sis Sharon, It is our Abbas job not our job! Our Job is to REst & he will do the rest ;) let go & let Him do the Amazing Race ^_^ Shalom! ♥
      Yesterday at 1:21am · · 1
    • Steve Elsmore
      Sorry I had to go for a while, back and reading the posts. Joel Brueseke I so agree, the prayer of a righteous man availeth much. My first wife had a disease that eventually led to her death, I prayed a lot. Often the prayers were answered, things were better, sometimes not.
      I like what Ginger Carlton said, prayer is communication with the Godhead, it takes many forms. The thing that I wish is that we could realize who we are in Christ, and know all the wonderful things that we have available to us.

      It doesn't matter if the prayer/declaration is instantly manifested as a miracle or not, it will certainly touch the person we pray for if it is in love. Like all gifts it's important to listen to the Holy Spirit for timing, instruction, guidance, and most of all to be examples of the Love of God to those we try to bless and pray for.
      Yesterday at 1:34am · · 2

No comments: