Friday, May 1, 2009

In His secret place

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. (Psa 27:5-6)

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." (Psa 91:1-2)

Where is His secret place? At a time of crisis like now... diseases, financial famine, disasters, terrorism, wars and death and many more. This is the time we must find His secret place for protection. But where and how?

The answer is the mercy seat which is overshadowed by the wings of the two cherubim on the ark in His tabernacle. But this is only the shadow of the real thing. Jesus Christ is our mercy seat and in Christ we are in His secret place. In Christ we are in His absolute protection. In Christ we found peace. So let us offer sacrifices of joy and sing praises in His name in the time of trouble, in time of crisis for He said: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world give, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27) In Christ we have been delivered! Hear Him!

2 comments:

SAHM with two lovely boys said...

amen! Indeed, we're in the secret place. Secret because our enemy cannot find us! We're protected forever! :)

Alan Hiu said...

This is the wonderful Psalm 91...!