Thursday, December 18, 2008

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.'" (Luk 13:34-35)

Jesus came to His own and His own received Him not. (Joh 1:11) Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." Again: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." (Rom 10:18-20) Because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. (Rom 11:11) People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."(Luk 13:29-30) Are you the last or the first or none? Hear Him!

No comments: