Sunday, February 8, 2009

Live for Christ, died to law

Even the storks know when to fly south. So do doves, swifts and thrushes. But my people do not know what I require them to do. "How can you people say, 'We are wise. We have the law of the LORD'? Actually, the teachers of the law have told lies about it. Their pens have not written what is true. (Jer 8:7-8)

The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile. (1Co 3:20) So then, no more boasting of man's abilities in keeping the law knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. (Gal 2:16) For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:19-20) Hear Him!

No comments: