Monday, January 31, 2011

Tithing is not for everyone, but only those who receive and believe.

Tithing is not for everyone, but only those who receive and believe. Blessing is not for everyone, only those who are hungry. The principle of tithing has been desperately perverted - taking the verse out of context... by Mie Mie Primne
Friday at 8:04am · Privacy: · ·
    • Pang William
      Tithing is God's principle but the principle of tithing goes beyond money.

      Take a look that 3 parables in Luke 15 point to the end times when all things the church has lost will be restored. The 3 parables represent in chronological order, church history. We also see the triune God-the Father, Son, Holy Spirit- each of these parables. In the first parable, the Shepherd is Jesus who leaves the 99 to find the one that was lost. In the second parable, the woman represents the church in which the Holy Spirit dwells-He lights the lamp and searches for the lost coin. Finally, the father is a picture of our Father God who looks out for the lost son.

      Here is the revelation: The first truth God restored to the church is that believers are "sheep". Many of us know this reality today, that's why the parable refer to many(100) sheep. But not many know that we are sons, which is the truth hidden in the prodigal son. Sonship is a mature teaching because you cannot understand Sonship until you understand God's grace. The next truth is in the parable of the10 silver coins which is a picture of the tithe that was lost. Coins represent our finances. Silver represents redemption and the lamp represents our spirit being illuminated by God's Word of revelation. And in the light, you find the missing one-tenth, the tithe. Why '10' silver coins? This is because this truth is not for all the 100. It's for the 10. Most of us understand the parable of the Shepherd and sheep than the restoration of the tenth--the tithe.

      In the story of Abraham and Melchizedek (a picture of Jesus). Genesis 14:18-20, In Hebrew, each letter has an accompanying picture and numerical value. Yud in Hebrew is pictured as a hand and it carries the numerical value of 10. So when God said He had delivered Abraham's enemies into his hand, Abraham gave the tenth to the Lord to acknowledge God's hand of blessing on his life. And when the king of Sodom came, he asked Abraham to keep the spoils if war for himself. But Abraham recognized that his blessing came from God, so he refused to give glory to the king of Sodom.-Genesis 14:22-23

      It's important that we realize that with revelation comes the faith to live out the truth and that's when we receive the blessings. Don't tithe because you have to (religiously- out of obligation) but do it with revelation and put your faith in God who already blesses us via the cross.
      Friday at 8:04am · · 8 people
    • Sylvia Hart Amen!
      Friday at 8:05am · · 3 people
    • Datin Sri Kumang Ati very true brother...yes and amen to that..:)
      Friday at 8:08am · · 4 people
    • Brandon J. Horner tithing is a mind set, a way to commune on another level or differently, one cannot out give God, tithing was needed to promote the gospel, to give priests a way to eat and keep on teaching, to honor God.....might wanna ask the king of peace who melchizadek was, Jesus is now King of kings, but once was not......God is trinity period..............prince of peace is our salvation.......cannot just change the word and place Jesus as every charactor
      Friday at 8:11am · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      This posting by Mie was based on JP's revelation. Let me add a little more to that revelation on the 2nd parable of the 10 silver coins.

      Luk 15:8 "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?

      Why 10 coins and why one lost? 10 is a picture of the law and 1/10 is a picture of the Tithe which was lost. Since the cross... the church has lost the Tithe which is Christ and live by the law till now... the lost coin is finally found! Hallelujah!!
      Friday at 8:35am · · 4 people
    • Fay Oates can I share with you something here, I've actually asked The Lord why some has problem about tithing and some has no problem about it last night. The Lord said, HE will meet them at their level of belief....according to their faith be it unto them. Just like healing, some believe God heals them in medicine, some believe God can healed them in spite of medicine....according to their faith be it unto them.
      Friday at 8:44am · · 7 people
    • Pang William Yes Fay... that I believe. He always meet where our faith is and our faith grows as our knowledge of God and Christ grows. The more we depend on Grace, the more Faith we have, the more Christ we are!
      Friday at 8:52am · · 5 people
    • Fay Oates And The LORD said don't stop people from giving to HIM. Just like when the woman who threw in the 2 mites, HE was there but HE didn't stop her and HE didnt even said oh just keep the money because you have so little....HE saw her Faith so that HE can bless her even more. ANd look at the boy with 5 loaves and 2 fish, HIS words was, 'Bring them to ME'...don't stop anyone for wanting to give to Him. :) SHalom
      Friday at 8:53am · · 9 people
    • Joan Lim-Choong This year will be so different for me ~ Jesus: same. Me: bigger bolder faith! amen ;-))))
      Friday at 9:07am · · 5 people
    • William Valles I would never try to discourage tithing or giving. If you're a faithful tither keep up the good work. However I can not sit here and say that i've always been faithful in tithing or anything else for that matter. But God has always been faithful to me!
      Friday at 9:12am · · 9 people
    • Brandon J. Horner please don't make grace lawless.........it is in His Word..........when the lawless one is revealed whom shall we say it is............go and sin no more means just that, but if we fail it is ok........now that is grace, the law had a purpose, explain that and quit pounding on dead stuff
      Friday at 9:17am ·
    • Fay Oates God never change. He is forever Faithful! The thing is dont be condemned for what you do or what you don't do. Jesus is so ever loving and gracious. He meet you at whatever you believe.
      Friday at 9:17am · · 4 people
    • Esther Casas Cambaya Amen & Amen! Tithe is only for us who has the true revelation. I’m so blessed to bring my tithe to the Lord, knowing that He is the source of all my blessings. Thank YOU Jesus... glory!!
      Friday at 11:49am · · 3 people
    • Terry Hunter All I can say is my opinion is 'One can never outgive God' whatever you give He returns and much much more.
      Friday at 1:01pm · · 8 people
    • Pang William
      Heb 7:8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.

      Tithing is a heart matter... we tithe with a thankful heart to God for giving us His only Son Jesus Christ - the Firstfruit of our blessing, our perfect sacrificial lamb offered on the cross. We tithe because He lives!
      Friday at 1:19pm · · 7 people
    • Mixue Ling Terry.. Well said and AMEN.
      Friday at 2:00pm · · 2 people
    • Carol L Robinson We used to tithe all the time, a standard 10% to the church until the Lord showed me that was not the true tithe and to give as He led.
      Friday at 4:44pm ·
    • Pang William
      If someone ask me to tithe or not to tithe? I would ask why do you tithe?

      If the answer is... because the church collect tithe every week or the pastor said we must tithe or I feel bad to let the bag pass me by or God won't be happy or the church needs my support or someone has to do it or God will bless me more if I tithe... My answer is keep your money.

      But if the answer is... because I love God or Jesus loves me or I just feel like doing it... then my answer is yes please do it. Praise Daddy!
      Friday at 5:08pm · · 2 people
    • Sherry Ng we tithe because we thank the lord for the things tat he has given us.
      Friday at 6:38pm · · 2 people
    • Sherry Ng To me, it is not a religious duty but an appreciation of love for God.
      Friday at 6:40pm · · 3 people
    • Carol L Robinson ‎@Pang, When we tithed I gave because I loved the Lord and wanted to give it to Him, but He showed me it was law, not the way of grace.
      Friday at 10:03pm · · 2 people
    • Terry Hunter ‎@ Carol, then give more than a tithe, then it is not the law, or give a less, but I stick with what I believe....one can NEVER outgive God.
      Friday at 11:19pm · · 1 person
    • Carol L Robinson Oh we definitely gave more than the tithe......even to giving my coat, my suit, etc....it just poured out. But, I believe this side of the cross, it's not tithe, but whatever the Lord prompts one to give no matter what is the amount.
      Friday at 11:21pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      Dear Carol, 1Jn 4:19 We love because he first loved us. Whatever we do, if we do it out of love... we fulfilled the law. Rom 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

      Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
      Friday at 11:35pm · · 1 person
    • Carol L Robinson Yes, but they are flowing from God within....and for me it's that way with giving also.
      Friday at 11:37pm ·
    • Pang William I understand you saying... It is His love flowing out from you. It is the fruit of the Spirit not you yourself, for you no longer live but Christ lives in you. It is Love that lead you to give.
      Friday at 11:42pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      Let us know what is the law. I used to think the law is against us. Actually it is not, the law is holy, good and just. But the law is not meant for man to keep but Christ only. Why? Because the inner meaning of the law is Love and Christ is Love. And therefore only Christ can fulfill the law. Another word the law is a picture of Christ just like the Tithe.

      Why do I say the law is of Love? Take the 1st law as example... "You shall have no other gods before Me" - If you love God, you will never have other gods but Him. Take another... "You shall not steal" - If you love another, you will give and if you would give, how would you steal?

      Why the law is not meant for man to keep? Because the law triggers the flesh and flesh contents lust and pride. And lust and pride is of self. With self... you want to give but your flesh wants it for yourself.

      Why is Christ the law? Because Christ is Love and only Love fulfilled the law. Therefore if we are in Christ, we fulfilled the law. That's why the Bible tells us not to walk according to the flesh but to the Spirit. If we look at our flesh, we place ourselves under the law and failing the law is the consequence of sin and death. But if we behold unto Christ and walk in the Spirit, we no longer under the law because we no longer live but Christ lives in us to bear the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
      Saturday at 1:03am · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      Communion not offered to everyone but for Abrahamic kind of faith. Tithing not for everyone but those with Abrahamic kind of faith - my 10% is nothing in comparison to all God has as the possessor of heaven and earth. Melchizedek appeared with communion and Abraham tithed. Abraham tithed because he had revelation. Lot didn't.

      You tithe because you have revelation. You tithe because you are partaker of Abraham's faith - righteous by Faith. You tithe because you are in the Tithe. You tithe because He first tithed... just like you love because He first loved. Amen.
      Saturday at 12:40pm · · 2 people
    • Ronel Bosman Amen!
      Saturday at 4:56pm · · 1 person
    • Carol L Robinson Tithing was easy because I am blessed.....but when the Lord showed me to let go of it.......do you know how much faith it took to stop it......much more than choosing to tithe.....lol
      Saturday at 10:13pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      Dear Carol, I know I'm not speaking in the same wavelength with you now but it doesn't mean who is right or who is wrong. He is just leading us in a different path. All I can say now is all will turn out just fine! I have faith in Him and that's all we need.

      Please let me share something about myself... I have lost the desire to attain church for the past six months and it is a church that preaches pure Grace. And if you ask why, I can't answer you now. I have never miss once before but suddenly that desire disappeared. It must have a reason because I'm still as passionate with Him as ever... indeed more. I believe you can tell of that from my posts. Though I think I know why yet I'm not certain. I guess only time will reveal... What I'm trying to say is... we have yet finish our journey, we are yet fully there. But one thing I'm certain is we will see the day we walk in His fullness! I love you Carol.
      Yesterday at 1:28am · · 1 person
    • Ronel Bosman I think faith is the most important thing for us to have and the desire to accept Jesus in our lifes was given to us by God. There are times that I feel that I am not confident enough to accept all the blessings of God. Only way for me to work through that is to keep on listening and reading the good news of The Gospel. I want to tell you that you postings is very encouraging to me. God bless you Pang.
      Yesterday at 2:29am · · 1 person
    • Carol L Robinson ‎@Pang, I love you too......and I love reading your posts because, yes, I can tell how much you love the Lord. And I agree...I've mentioned it on here before but God takes us where He knows we individually need to go to live His Life through us fully.
      23 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      Tithe isn't about money or the giving to the needy. Tithe and giving are totally different. Why it is called Tithe? Tithe is a picture of 10 - the fullness in itself. Not necessary be 10% but 10.

      Gen 14:18 Then Melchizedek [king of Salem] brought out [bread and wine]; he was the [priest of God Most High]. 19 And he blessed him and said: "Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; 20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him a tithe of all.

      Typology:
      Melchizedek king of Salem - a picture of our Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ - the King of Peace, and also a picture of our great High Priest. Came and brought bread and wine - a picture of Salvation came to the world. And He blessed Abram - a picture of Grace through righteousness by Faith for the world. And Abram tithed - a picture of us offered the Lamb of God (our Tithe) scarified on the cross through our High Priest Jesus Christ.

      Now we look at Jacob... Gen 28:20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come back to my father's house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. 22 And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God's house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You."

      Why Abraham tithed?... He believe that the LORD has delivered his enemies into his hand and with a thankful heart he tithed. And why Jacob tithed?... He stole Esau's birthright and also his blessing yet the LORD came to him in a dream and blessed him. He tithed because he was grateful, he tithed because the LORD is good despite all the wrongs he did yet he was forgiven.

      I hope this bring Light into the area of Tithe. Amen.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson Pang, what happened to my posts?
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates Carol, just wondering,
      have you ever heard JP message on tithing before?
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson No, I've not heard that one Fay......if possible I like to get my revelation direct from the Holy Spirit........I've heard my pastor's teaching on tithing...he has a several part series he's recorded and broadcasting on the radio. But it was merely a confirmation on what the Lord had already revealed to me.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates I understand. I'm just asking because I also understand where Pang is coming from. Initially, I tithed because I just want to honor Him and thank HIM for everything He has done but later on when I heard a Ps Prince revelations on tithing then it was just a confirmation on the inside what I already have. Just sharing here with you...We are not open to hear what others said because we didn't even want to hear for what the Lord might have confirmed with others...
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson I'm not certain what you're saying Fay..... I know that the Lord has told me to stand strong in what He's shown me.....
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates
      This is really subjective.....I've friends who don't tithe not because they concerned about what the bible says. They don't tithe because they felt that it was because their church wanted their
      money but when they have the revelations, they tithed because they wanted to honor the ONE and ONLY who put the blessings in their hands....by 'bringing' back to the ONE who is their provider
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates Pang has been stressing that tithe if you have the revelation and don't do it out of a 'must'. Which I believe for those who understood what tithing meant, tithed out of love for HIM. That's what I'm saying :)
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates Either way, to tithe of not to is really subjective. But we just have to remember one's revelation may not benefit the others, is all in GOd's timing :)
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates i meant to tithe OR Not is really subjective...sorry for the typo
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson Ok, that is what we did for a very long time....gave out of love UNTIL, He revealed to me what He desired, my heart, everything I am, and willingness to give whatever, whenever He leads. Since that time He has seldom had me give much in the church and almost everything to those in need.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson I've been blessed to have been learning and studying grace now for over twenty years and to have some wonderful revelations far before I knew what they meant.....sort of growing into them in His timing.
      12 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Fay Oates Just a thought and tell me what you think about this ok? Many people I read in GF has been using this words "has to be led by the Lord" to give/tithe.....I was thinking about this question :
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson I don't know why it posted twice. If the Lord desires me to give, He prompts my heart and I just do what I'm led to do. Remember where it says God will give us the desires of our heart? That's what He does with me.......and when He does it just flows.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates sorry for the typo...i'm pretty slow in typing :)
      12 hours ago ·
    • Carol L Robinson
      Christ didn't do anything outside of His Father's will. Yes, we do have free will, but I've found that just because I "feel" like giving or doing something in the flesh, there might be something I don't know about the situation so I trust He will show me.
      An example, not in giving, but another area. There was a young lady sitting next to me at a meeting years ago. She was handicapped and was feeling upset, and my instinct was to comfort her, etc. and God stopped me and said, " I'm training her".
      12 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates
      I don't know about other churches but because I was from New Creation Church, I know what Ps Prince revelation on tithing about and HE always stresses that do not tithe unless you have a revelation in tithing not because he preached it. And there were a time I didn't attend NCC anymore because I left Singapore and there wasn't a place where I could brought my tithe so I asked one of the Pastor in NCC, you know what they said, Don't tithe in NCC....bring the tithe to where your local home church is. I don't know any church will refuse my tithe but NCC did :)
      12 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Pang William Dear Fay... let it go. Carol is good hand of the Lord.
      11 hours ago ·
    • Fay Oates ‎:) Pang I know she is. The reason I speak in here not to convince her. I just want to hear her thoughts. Definitely not trying to 'argue' or 'debate'.
      11 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Fay Oates She's is by far the most understanding and gracious person to intereact with that's why I can have the courage to interact with her:)
      Carol, hope you are not mad with me :)
      11 hours ago ·
    • Pang William Here is a great sermon note of JP... by Geraldine Tan-Wee

      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_174839362531312&view=doc&id=196214473727134
      4 hours ago ·

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TITHING IS NOT JUST GIVING 10 PERCENT. THE OLD TESTAMENT IN DUET. AND ALSO LEVITICUS SAY THAT THE TITHE WAS FOR THE LEVITE, WIDOWS, FATHERLESS, AND THE STRANGER. IT COULD BE ALSO EATEN WITH THEM AND THE FAMILY. NOT JUST FOR A COLLECTION. WE ARE TO GIVE FREEWILL OFFERINGS IN THE CHURCH BASED ON GIVING CHEEERFULLY AND LIBERALLY. NOT BY COMMAND.