Wednesday, January 14, 2009

His love not our love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1Co 13:1-3)

True Love (Agape - God's kind of love) never fails. But prophecy will cease, tongues will be stilled; knowledge will pass away. (1Co 13:8-9) True Love is a fruit of the Spirit and come forth only when one is led by the Spirit. (Gal 5:22) But human love is not true love, it is limited, it is conditional and it does not last. And that's why we failed whenever we tried to love in our own strength. Behold His love for therein comes the fruit of the Agape love for us to love. Hear Him!

No comments: