Thursday, January 29, 2009

You are already rich!

Joseph: You shall dwell in the land of Goshen (drawing near), and you shall be near to me, you and your children, your children's children, your flocks and your herds, and all that you have. There I will provide for you, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty; for there are still five years of famine. (Gen 45:10-11)

Joseph (son of Jacob) is a picture of Jesus Christ said: Let us draw near to Him for He has provided for us at all time. He is our Lord, our Brother and His promise never failed. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. (2Co 8:9) For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it? You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings... (1Co 4:7-8) So by faith we are rich in Christ for He took our poverty and gave us His riches on the cross. Amen!

1 comment:

Alan Hiu said...

Brother,

This is my favorite verse and it is a done duel and an established truth! Let's change the "you" "our" "your" to "I" and "my" and proclaim it...!

"For you (I) know the grace of our (my) Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your (my) sakes He became poor, that you (I) through His poverty might become rich. (2Co 8:9)"

Amen!!!