Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Tithe is the LORD!

Pang William The Tithe is nothing else but our Lord Jesus Christ! The Tithe is not about your money offered to God. For many years we were taught the tithe is our money seed sown unto God and thus expect a return or a much more return of a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown (Mat 13:8) and... read comment...

August 28 at 8:56pm · ·
    • Pang William
      often Luke 6:38 were used... "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." And you can't out give God!

      Though it is true, you shall receive much more but not because you tithed but because in Christ... has given you all things. And beside... that mindset is nothing but selfishness and that verse is used out of context. It is about giving to the poor and not your tithe. Just a few verses before in... Luke 6:30 says... if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. ... If you expect much more in return in your tithe... isn't you like lending to God and expect return?

      Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love... in Him has given us all things exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. Thank You Daddy for given us Jesus, in Him we have all things! In Him we are complete! In Him... It is finished! In Him is our Tithe! Hallelujah!!
      August 28 at 8:57pm · · 5 people
    • Ryan Clegg
      The tithe is still required... it was not just an Old Covenant thing (Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek, who is a foreshadow of Jesus, BEFORE the Law was given to Moses.)
      Also to say that you don't have to tithe is dangerous. There is no Scripture in the Bible that says that we shouldn't, but there is plenty of Scripture saying that we should give tithes. And they give explicit warnings, like "You are stealing from God." Pretty intense. I would rather go ahead and give it and be wrong then to not give it and be wrong...
      Another thing is you shouldn't be giving TO GET. You should bring your tithe as an act of worship. When we just do things for personal gain, then we have a heart problem.
      And you took the Scripture in Luke out of context when you said it was taken out of context... It isn't talking about giving to the poor at all... it is talking about Judging others. It is a warning that if we judge, we will get judgment overflowing.
      August 28 at 9:30pm · · 2 people
    • Maxwell Owusu Boateng Junior How i wish dat you would continue.
      August 28 at 9:48pm ·
    • Terri Head
      But if you look at Malachi 3 in the Hebrew, it says to being the Aleph Tav into the storehouse. Those words translate into JESUS and not tithe at all. Also, if you look @ the rules for tithing, we go back to Deut. 14:22 it states the first TWO YEARS we EAT our tithe as in a party to the Lord. Its the THIRD year we give it to church, widows and orphans. Yet we don't preach that.
      But really the whole point is this: we no longer do ANYTHING out of obligation or fear but out of RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. You give when he literally speaks to your heart to do so AND to whom he tells you too.
      August 28 at 10:11pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William Abraham tithed to Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine was a picture of God offered His first Tithe Jesus Christ unto the world. Abraham tithed because he believed God has blessed him and delivered the enemies into his hand. I tithe because God has given me Christ and has given me all things in Christ.
      August 28 at 10:11pm · · 3 people
    • Debbie Namirr Tina, Dawn, Alan, Carrie, Mel, Gracebook friends: share!
      August 28 at 10:26pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      ‎@Terri
      I would be really grateful if you would provide a reference (A link would be great if possible) for you translation of aleph tav. The translation that I am getting from the Hebrew is Ma'aser which literally means " a tenth". This can be found in the Strongs Concordance Number 4643.
      How could Old Testament people bring Jesus in the storehouse? And if it would be impossible, How could God say that they were "robbing Him?"
      And you are right, we don't preach that. You are in the Law now, I was expressly speaking of things outside the Law. And Malachi's warning is for those that don't Bring their tithes to God's House.

      @Pang
      Right! We do it in worship. As an act of Sacrifice.
      August 28 at 10:27pm · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Billy Warren...
      August 28 at 10:28pm ·
    • Debbie Namirr Debbie Belch, Joshua Blue...
      August 28 at 10:31pm ·
    • Terri Head I wish I could. I learned this from my friend & mentor. I don't remember what was her referrence source was. :o(
      August 28 at 10:32pm ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      well, you should check my source... it is true and you can look it up online or in a hardcopy edition. And Jesus in Hebrew is not those words. Jesus name would have been Yeshua, which is translated Joshua.

      Aleph Tav means First and Last (or Beginning and Ending) and is never used in this Scripture.
      August 28 at 10:40pm ·
    • DAwn Rubin We tithe because we are ALREADY rich and blessed...not TO GET RICH and BLESSED.

      We Forgive becasue we are ALREADY forgiven...Not TO GET Forgiven..

      We love becasue we are ALREADY loved...NOt to GET loved
      August 28 at 10:42pm · · 4 people
    • Deneese Thompson I have a few others too. I will see if I can find.. Blessings :-)
      August 28 at 10:46pm · · 1 person
    • Terri Head I know that Jesus is Yeshua, silly! *grins* from what she my Mentor said, it was a type & form of Jesus. She said it was used there, but for a long time it was discarded because @ first, they didn't know the meaning. Of course she isn't here to expound on it for me, and I also just woke up so I'm a tad fuzzy headed. *yawn*
      August 28 at 10:47pm · · 1 person
    • Deneese Thompson Listen to Steve talk about tithe..
      You Will Be Blessed Because You Tithe(Lie #66)
      http://www.gracewalk.org/apps/articles/web/articleid/68768/columnid/6277/default.asp
      August 28 at 10:51pm · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr JP says test a doctine with this question: does it glorify man or Jesus?

      Does tithing glorify man or Jesus?
      August 28 at 10:56pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William Who doesn't tithe here? Anyone?
      August 28 at 10:59pm ·
    • Ryan Clegg It does Glorify Jesus, when done in a worshiping attitude, in two ways: It show that Your God is not money, but is Jesus

      And it gives the Church funds to reach the unsaved
      August 28 at 11:03pm · · 1 person
    • Terri Head I haven't since I've been out of a church for almost a year. I was in a bad church that was fastly becoming cult like and had an ugly nasty time leaving. There isn't much of Joseph Prince or Andrew Womak type churches in the Dallas Fort Worth area. However, I am definitely a giver and give when the Lord directs me.
      August 28 at 11:04pm · · 3 people
    • Deneese Thompson I haven't gone to church in awhile either.. But I give online to JP..
      August 28 at 11:09pm · · 2 people
    • Terri Head JP meaning Joseph Prince, not John Paul Jackson, right?
      August 28 at 11:11pm · · 1 person
    • Stacy Smith Mims ‎@ Terri ...dont know where Jerry Savelles church is. He preaches the word of God forsure. his daughter Terri Foy Savelle ministers as well. Hope that helps.
      August 28 at 11:17pm ·
    • Deneese Thompson Yes Joseph Prince!!
      August 28 at 11:18pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William ‎10k is all you have... and a friend came and asked for your help, desperately needed 10k for her mother's operation in the hospital now. It is matter of life and dead. And you know your friend well enough that it is true... Now, the question is how many of you will say YES!
      August 28 at 11:18pm · · 2 people
    • Ryan Clegg Of course, any Christian would (real Christian that is).

      I just don['t understand what this has to do with the original topic
      August 28 at 11:20pm ·
    • DAwn Rubin ‎:-)...Pang--I think it would depend if we felt led by the Holy Spirit..
      my "head: might tell me one thing...bu tmy heart my tell me something else
      August 28 at 11:21pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William Be patient... it has everything to do with tithing. And you said of course, any Christian would (real Christian that is)... but I tell you only the 10% would who understood Tithe!
      August 28 at 11:24pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      Well, Dawn, I think that giving (especially in the described situation) is never from the Devil... it is from God.
      The problem with pentecostalism (of which I am a part) is that we feel that we need to be "led" to do EVERYTHING. There are times when we are led, but then there are times when there is someone in need, and though we may not feel God urging us to do something at the moment, we do it anyway... cause the Bible says to give to those in Need.
      August 28 at 11:25pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg I like to think that I understand the tithe, pang, even though I disagree with your stance on it... and I would give the 10k. Just throwing that out there
      August 28 at 11:26pm ·
    • Pang William Ryan, even it is your last 10k? what about your family? what about those bills needed to pay?
      August 28 at 11:30pm ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      Even if God has to sit me by a brook and feed me by sending ravens with food, He would provide for me. And I trust Him, not my money. Money is unstable, God is Eternally stable.

      I really do not know why you are trying to accuse me of lying here. or why you would think that I would not give.
      August 28 at 11:32pm · · 2 people
    • Debbie Namirr OurGodHolySpirit teach us in truth and grace about tithing. When we accept responsibility You give us the ability-to-repond!
      August 28 at 11:33pm ·
    • DAwn Rubin Ryan--If I gave to everyone who had a need, I would never have a penny...I operate by the Spirit..not by head-knowledge..
      August 28 at 11:33pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      The Spirit always lines up with the Word Dawn. Who gave you the money you have now? If God did, then He is able to bring give you more if you give it away to TRUE need.

      I am not saying to give away everything to anyone. But if it is life ordeath, that is legit
      August 28 at 11:35pm · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin I live by the Spirit...not by logic...
      The Lord may want to supernarally heal this person to show His power..
      August 28 at 11:42pm ·
    • DAwn Rubin The Lord may want me to give money to a millionaire-to show the Love of God-
      I find that the Lord does things opposite than man's carnal mind
      August 28 at 11:44pm ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      The Bible is not logic...

      See we all want to live by the Rhema word. We need it sooooo bad. And what we fail to see is that, Originally, the Bible WAS Rhema.... and still is!!!
      God wants to heal everyone that is sick, so i agree with you there. But some people don't receive because of a lack of faith. God can use doctors also
      August 28 at 11:45pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg Must we be prompted by the Spirit too witness? I see that in the Bible as everyones job to preach to all creatures
      August 28 at 11:48pm · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin
      Ryan--absolutely---we live by the Spirit..
      for 10 years my husband and I witnessed becasue we thought we HAD to and very few people came to Christ...
      These past 6 months we stopped doing out of HAVE TO...and just the Lord lead us by His Spirit...6 PEOPLE have come to the Lord in just months of being led by the Spirit.
      August 28 at 11:50pm · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr If I give all my posessions to feed the poor ... But do not have love....
      August 28 at 11:51pm · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin sorry Pang for me interrupting! I hope I didn't enterfear with you trying to teach something..:-O
      August 28 at 11:53pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      Praise God... the only thing is this. People not getting saved during your witnessing trips IS NOT FAILURE. You are still planting seed that will come to harvest in the future. Seed sometimes takes a while to grow.
      We have to stop seeing that as failure, cause if it was, then Paul failed when he was preaching and they dragged him out ans stoned him
      August 28 at 11:53pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      Debbie-
      Paul was using extremes in his presentation in the Scripture that you quoted. It was meant to show that love is the most important thing.

      How many hateful, unloving, uncaring people do you know that would give everything that they have to feed the poor? I don't know any.
      August 28 at 11:55pm ·
    • DAwn Rubin
      Ryan--we learned that when we do things out of "HAVE TO" we are not being led by the Spirit but we are under "Law"....thank goodness we are no longer under "law" the Lord is already well-pleased with us...
      when we understand that we are already Righteous apart from Works we can be led by the Spirit.
      God Bless you brother
      August 28 at 11:55pm ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      Im not talking about being righteous here. I am righteous through faith. But the one that died for me is incredibly important to me, so when He says something, I do it. Out of love for Him.
      And Jesus said to do it. Are you saying that that is Law? He said it after His death and ressurection, btw
      August 28 at 11:57pm ·
    • Pang William Ryan, I believe you and you would give the last 10k you have because your faith is in Him. Likewise I would because He spared not His own Son and why won't He give me more. But also don't rule out Dawn's point. I ready to give and I would also seek Him for the best... What I would do is having the money really and go to the hospital with my friend. Many things can happen...
      August 28 at 11:59pm · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin Ryan--I don't do things out of obligation--this is being under law..
      I do things out of operating in love(Spirit)
      August 29 at 12:02am ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      True Story pang, but like I said, she may not receive healing due to unbelief on her part. I agree that healing is here and now. But you have to agree with me that pentecostals rely heavily upon feelings sometimes. Or, we can be hardheaded and God has to specifically tell us to do what is in the Bible.

      There are somethings that God deals with us personally on.. i just don't think it is everything
      August 29 at 12:02am ·
    • Ryan Clegg Did you read what I wrote, Dawn. I do it because I my love for Him. Because He loved me!! And because of His great love for me, I want to obey what He tells me. That just makes sense
      August 29 at 12:04am · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      And Dawn, you are doing the same thing that I am doing but still calling mine works.
      I do what the Bible says, because I believe it to be authority. You do what the Spirit says (as do I) because you believe it to be authority. I don't see a difference here
      August 29 at 12:09am ·
    • Sharon Fryer
      No opinion, o.k.!!! But whether or not you tithe or don't, 'WE ARE STILL REDEEMED FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW." There is NO LONGER ANY CURSE ATTACHED TO US...JESUS TOOK IT ON...AND DEFEATED ALL THE CURSE...And if people are having a question in their hearts, JUST WHATEVER YOU GIVE, GIVE IT IN FAITH...NOT FOR A RETURN, BUT TO SHOW THE NATURE OF YOUR GOD IN YOU...OUR FATHER, ABBA, IS A GIVER...SO WE SHOULD BE A REFLECTION OF ABBA...And better to give $5 Bucks FROM YOUR HEART, than $500.00 with the wrong motive....God would rather have you give 5 bucks worth of Love, than you doing something out of LAW, which is RELIGIOUS....THIS IS ONE MAJOR PLACE that HE HAS DELIVERED US FROM....AND FOR SURE WE SHOULD NEVER GIVE TO RECEIVE...OUR GOD HAS ALREADY GIVEN FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR BEYOND ANYTHING WE COULD EVER DO TO RECEIVE A RETURN...The WORD OF OUR GOD SAYS, HE WANTS A CHEERFUL, PROMPT GIVER...AND WE SHOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE!!! Like I said, "I didn't say to tithe or not to tithe...WE SHOULD JUST REJOICE IN our giving....
      August 29 at 12:12am · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin
      anytime we do things out of obligation or "have to" this means we are under law......I lived this way for 10 years trying to be a good obedient Christian thinking that God would be more pleased with me...

      just recently i've learned that God is already well pleased with me for simply believing in His Son...no amount of works on my part will gain me any more favor.

      I do more works for God now out of this revelation...than in my 10 years trying to be obedeint
      August 29 at 12:13am · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin Pang--here is another thaught to go a whole level deeper..
      what if we gave this man our last 10,000 dollars for him to live...but then shorthly after, this man went right back to living under the curse of the law...
      just a thought...
      August 29 at 12:17am · · 1 person
    • Pang William I believe many of us here would give the last 10k out of love in us, likewise we tithed because we love Him. Because God gave His first Tithe unto us and we tithe back out of the overflow of His Tithe to honor Him. That's my point of this topic.
      August 29 at 12:18am · · 2 people
    • Ryan Clegg
      I have never said anything about being more righteous, or gaining righteousness, or getting extra forgiveness, or Jesus being mad at anyone OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!!

      What I did say was this:
      HE loved me enough to die for me and give me HIS righteousness that I didn't deserve as a free gift!

      so

      BECAUSE of HIS LOVE I will do what He tells me (in the Bible) BECAUSE I love HIM!!!
      August 29 at 12:18am · · 2 people
    • Ryan Clegg In that situation Dawn, we have lost nothing... We give to Others and, in doing so, we are giving to Jesus!!
      August 29 at 12:20am · · 3 people
    • DAwn Rubin once again Ryan, we should be led by the Spirit....do we know what that means? For 10 years i did not know what that meant...Now that I know who I am in Christ, and i know I'm already righteous and perfect, I am led by the Spirit.
      August 29 at 12:25am ·
    • Pang William Dawn, the plan is the Lord, give according to your heart tells you. Your question on if this man went back under the curse of the law is like what if you gave my last 10k and her mom still died. This I will agree with Ryan... you are giving unto the Lord and not your friend! Shalom.
      August 29 at 12:33am ·
    • Debbie Namirr Shalom
      August 29 at 12:47am · · 1 person
    • Cheryl Mudaly Whateva we do 4 GOD, is done in reverence 2 honour HIM.HE IS WORTH EVRYTHING.
      August 29 at 1:00am · · 1 person
    • Jennifer Pillay
      Tithes belong to GOD alone Malachi 3. 10 says i/10th belongs to GOD .. .. we are able to earn money only bcos GOD enables us.
      Whatever else you purpose in your heart to do/ give is what the spirit will lead you to do..... and YES if i had the money.... i would freely give it .... Several men of God who can testify to the blessings of giving ....I am glad the DEVIL has no power over me as God controls my finances.. ... I am free !!!He is Jehovah Jireh and I trust Him completely as he is NOT Man that lies .. HE IS GOD !
      August 29 at 2:24am · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      How is doing what the Spirit prompts you to do any different then what doing what the Bible tells you to do?

      Why do you keep going back to righteousness? I haven't talked about them. You are throwing up a strawman argument and dancing around my questions...

      You are trying to demonize me by trying to say that I am saying that we should live under the law, when, in fact, I never said that at all.

      So please, just answer the first question: How is listening to the Holy Spirit different than listening to the Bible?
      August 29 at 2:26am ·
    • Kathy Holden wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwzers...... gr8 teach thx.....
      August 29 at 2:34am ·
    • Ryan Clegg Here is another point... Was the Bible inspired by the Holy Spirit? If so, then following the Bible IS FOLLOWING the Spirit.

      The only way that the above statement is untrue is if the Bible is not the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
      August 29 at 2:36am ·
    • Debbie Namirr The Bible can be read and even studied, but there is revelation only by the Holy Spirit.
      August 29 at 2:42am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr You are wonderful guys!
      August 29 at 2:43am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Shalom again. I'm going to eat & come back
      August 29 at 2:45am · · 2 people
    • Lina Rema DominicSana
      Tithing under grace, through revelation knowledge!
      by Rudy Rodriguez on Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 5:16pm
      Tithing under grace, through revelation knowledge!

      Beloved, tithing is a revelation from God that is unveiled to us in the old, and new testament!

      Beloved, when I was under the law, I tithed out of fear because I thought that if I did not tithe I would experience a closed heaven, and a curse from God, but that type of teaching is of the Old Testament, and is not true for you, and I!

      The New Testament does speak about the tithe to the New Covenant grace believers, even though we are under Gods grace, and not law!

      The tithe under the law was given to Aaron; Gods high priest, but under grace the tithe is given to Jesus who is the person of Melchizedek, who is our New covenant great high priest, and who lives forever to represent us before God!

      Melchizedek is, and has always been the person of Jesus Christ, who is without father and mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made in the likeness of the Son of God; who abides as priest forever, continually! Hebrews 7: 3

      So under the law they tithed to Aaron who died and could not continue in that office as high priest any longer, but under grace we tithe to Jesus who has been given this eternal office as our great high priest who lives forever and ever, and cannot die, and in the same way the tithe does not die either!

      Jesus is the person of Melchizedek, whose name means: King of Righteousness, and Prince of Peace! Amen who does not release curses, but only blessings!
      August 29 at 3:08am · · 2 people
    • Lina Rema DominicSana
      Beloved, Jesus will not curse you, if you don't tithe, or force you to tithe, because Jesus being rich, became poor at the cross through His finished work, so that you through His poverty, would be made rich! Tithing is an invitation to greater wealth and riches like Abraham!

      In the Old Testament men that die receive tithes; but in the New Testament; Jesus receives tithes of whom it is witnessed that He lives forever! Hebrews 7: 8

      When we tithe we are giving glory and honor to Jesus, and declaring with our tithe to be witness, that Jesus lives forever, and is seated at the right hand of God as high priest, and so are we!

      Tithing is mentioned here for the New Covenant church believers, for a foundation and scriptural reference as a back up, so we can have proof of tithing under grace through revelation knowledge, and not of the printed page! Hebrews 7: 8

      And no man receives this honor unto himself, but he that is called by God as Aaron was. So also Christ glorified not Himself to be made a high priest; but God who said unto Jesus, you are my Son, and priest forever after the order of Melchizedek!

      God made Jesus our great high priest, so that we can bring our tithe, the tenth of all our income to our wonderful Lord and high priest!

      Jesus is Melchizedek our great high priest ordained and glorified by God forever, in whom we can bring and give our tithes, which is a tenth of all our income before taxes!

      The reason I say before taxes is because of this scripture: Honor the Lord with your substance, and with the first fruits of ALL your increase! Proverbs 3: 9
      August 29 at 3:08am · · 2 people
    • Lina Rema DominicSana
      Beloved, when we tithe, it is a declaration and a witness that our Savior lives, and that He is our great high priest who represents us before God, and makes intercession for us at the right hand of God, before Him day and night! This means that Jesus represents us to God perfectly, and forever as our great high priest!

      Today, we tithe in the church to Jesus, not to the church, or to the pastor, but to Jesus!

      When we are in church, and assembled together in the presence of our great high priest Melchizedek we bring all of our tithes & offerings to Him, to give Him honor and glory, as we declare with our tithes & our offerings that He lives forever, to whom Abraham also gave a tenth part of all, and without all contradiction; the lesser light the church, is blessed by the greater light Jesus Christ! Amen!

      The moon is called the lesser light, and the Sun is called the greater light, and as the moon gets its reflection and light from the Sun, so do we get our reflection, and light from the Son of God!

      Part two: Tithing is a revelation from God!

      Tithing is a revelation and a faith declaration that God is our financial source, and that He is the one who has blessed with all things for us to enjoy, and that the blessing of God upon our us is independent of our job, our business, and our boss!

      The blessing of the Lord, IT makes you rich, and no toilsome labor can add anything to it, or substitute for it in any way! Proverbs 10: 22…….Rudy Rodriguez translation.

      When Peter had toiled all night and caught nothing in his fishing business, Jesus blessed him with a great catch of fish, to show Peter that the blessing of the Lord, is independent of his labor, or what Peter could do for himself!

      Peter toiled all night, and caught nothing, but when Peter became independent of what he could do, Jesus took the toil out of life for Peter, because Peter let Jesus use His boat to preach the gospel of grace, and to top it off, Jesus was ministering about the seed, and the sower!

      Tithing is spirit led activity!

      God told Moses to through his staff on the ground, and his staff turned into a snake, and Moses started running. Hehehehe! God said; cast your rod on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it. LOL!

      Nevertheless, The Lord said to Moses pick up the snake by the tail, and Moses took it by the tail, and it became a rod in his hand again! And it says later in Exodus 4: 20 that Moses returned to the land of Egypt: and he took the rod of God in his hand! Notice!
      It was no longer Moses’ staff, but now it was the rod of God in his hand!

      When we tithe we are allowing God to take our finances by the head, and take the snake poison out of your money!

      When Moses took the snake from the tail it was to give us a revelation that God took it by the head, and now Satan had no part of it anymore.

      When we tithe we are giving God the leadership and headship of our business and our finances, as we give God the snake of our finances, so that He can take it by the head to break the snake bite out of your money!

      Stay with me !
      August 29 at 3:09am · · 2 people
    • Lina Rema DominicSana
      Tithing gives God permission to take the snake from the head, to liberate your staff and anoint your business with His power.

      And when we pick up the snake by the tail, it becomes the rod of God, and our business, and our jobs, and our finances become empowered by God!
      Exodus 4: 2-3

      Rudy but we have been redeemed from the curse of the law? Yes but the earth is still under the curse of the fall! When we tithe, we translate our money out of the kingdom of darkness, and into the kingdom of light!

      The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof, but God Himself has subjected creation and has kept it under the curse of Adam, but we are blessed in the glorious liberty of the children of God, but the earth is in bondage to the curse of Adam by Gods authority. Therefore, when we tithe we sanctify our money, and bring it into the liberation of the glorious children of God!

      For the creation was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected it in hope, in confident expectation that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God! Romans 8: 20, 21.

      When we tithe God liberates our finances, because it is subjected to the bondage of the earth!

      Part three: God wants to make you rich!

      God wants to make you rich and He does not want anyone else to take the credit for it, but Him!

      And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lifted up my hand unto the Lord (by tithing) to the most high God (possessor of heaven and earth) and I will take nothing from you not even a shoe lace, or anything that you have to offer me, so that you won’t be able to say; I made Abram rich!

      Abraham tithed and declared God; to be the source of all his blessings, and possessions in the earth! Genesis 14: 18-23

      The tithe declares that you have lifted up your hand unto God, the possessor of heaven and earth!

      This is the only place, and the first place in the bible concerning tithing that God is called the possessor of heaven and earth!

      God is telling us something here! He possesses everything, and He has the power to give us possession of it as well!

      Tithing causes you to partake of Gods greatest possessions of heaven and earth!

      Beloved God wants to make you rich, and He doesn’t want anyone to take the credit for His blessings on your life, but only Him, who is the possessor of heaven and earth, and the tithe declares that you have lifted up your hand to the Lord as your financial source and your financial Senior partner!

      Beloved tithing is a revelation, that we might be blessed with wealth and riches along with believing Abraham!

      In His grace,

      Rudy Rodriguez
      August 29 at 3:09am · · 2 people
    • Ryan Clegg I want to state that I am not saying anything against the Holy Spirit, He is great!! And I have Him! But He WROTE THE BIBLE.... He always lines up with the Word.
      August 29 at 3:12am ·
    • DAwn Rubin
      hi there it's me again..there is a lot of conversations goin on here but I just wanted to add regarding giving the 10,000 dollars...
      If I was put in the situation where the Lord told me to give my last 10,000 to the dying person..I would do it in secret..

      Matthew 6"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
      2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
      August 29 at 3:26am · · 1 person
    • DAwn Rubin Ryan--Romans 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
      August 29 at 3:28am ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      I am speaking primarily of the New testament.

      Do you believe that God wrote the New Testament? "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
      August 29 at 3:39am ·
    • DAwn Rubin amen..that's a great scripture Ryan --correcting and training in Righteousness!! we can not walk in the Spirit if we do not know we're righteous
      August 29 at 3:43am ·
    • Ryan Clegg
      You missed the part that says he will be thoroughly equipped for every good work. You can't know what the Spirit is saying without the Word.

      I have no problem with righteousness. I am righteous by faith. I was never more righteous than the moment I accepted Jesus as my Lord. I do not think we can become more righteous.
      So why do you insist upon making it sound like I do?
      August 29 at 3:50am ·
    • Ryan Clegg I read you now Dawn: Doing what the Bible says because Jesus said and we love Him is wrong. Is that it? Cause that is what I am hearing
      August 29 at 4:03am ·
    • Annatjie Nel Roos Amen! I agree......
      August 29 at 4:04am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Here's a thought: let's all call Daystar or TBN and give $77! Each one of us. The Daystar # is 1.800.329.0029!!
      August 29 at 4:14am ·
    • Debbie Namirr Let's be still and let OurGodHolySpirit speak
      August 29 at 4:16am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Let's put the money where the devil's mouth is!
      August 29 at 4:23am ·
    • Pang William Lina, thanks for the post from Rudy. It is just awesome! Hallelujah!
      August 29 at 4:47am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Yes, thank you Rudy...
      August 29 at 5:00am ·
    • Debbie Namirr You shared meat
      August 29 at 5:01am ·
    • DAwn Rubin filet mignon!
      August 29 at 5:02am ·
    • Debbie Namirr USDA Choice
      August 29 at 5:03am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Such passion. Passion is GoOD!
      August 29 at 5:05am · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson Pang, your status is the truth, Jesus is the tithe, he has fulfilled the tithe principle therefore we now reap what he sowed. We DO NOT TITHE anymore. its utter nonsense to suggest that we tithe to Jesus. furthermore the tithe was food as already highlighted! christianity is all tied up in knots over this and this thread is perfect evidence!!
      August 29 at 5:14am · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      Dear Ryan, I enjoyed yours sort of intense discussion with Dawn. haha... But allow me to add... I agree with you that the Bible is the inspired word of the Spirit but I also believe with Dawn that we need the Spirit revelation to understand clearly. Of cause certain part is easily understood such as John 3:16 but many are actually hidden from the world... that we'll need the revelation of the Spirit! For me I always seek the Holy Spirit for revelation when reading the word. Often the same verse which I've read many times before can still give me a new fresh understanding. This you'll need to try it yourself. Shalom.
      August 29 at 5:18am · · 1 person
    • Pang William Thanks Matthew for your post. Yes Jesus is the Tithe but to say we do not tithe anymore... you might want to reconsider that and seek the Spirit for revelation. Please note that I never say not to tithe but tithe for His reason not ours. We love because He first loved us! We give because He first given us! We tithe because God first gave us His Tithe! Amen!
      August 29 at 5:35am · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg
      i do that very same thing pang... its just the situation that you mentioned is black and white/ Person dying needs surgery, i have the money, they don't. I give them the money. Simple.
      I agree that we need discernment and revelation from the Holy Spirit, I am not throwing these out. But there are some black and white instances, like this, that I believe God has given us common sense to respond with. Pray for them? Yes. wholeheartedly.
      I am a spirit filled believer and I trust the Holy Spirit with my life. I read the Bible with Him and He does reveal to me hidden truth (thanks for insinuating that I don't consult Him btw).

      Did the good Samaritan bow his head and ask "God is it your will that I help this hurt man?" NO. He responded out of Love because that is what God would do.
      August 29 at 10:19am · · 2 people
    • Deborah Parker Washington Jennifer Pillay... your response was the only one that I read on this page. Therefore I am responding to your comment. I agree with your statement. I stand on the same srcipture Malachi 3:6-12. Even Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils to Melchizadek the high preist. In whom was Jesus, the preist of the Most High God. Gen. 14: 1-24. Amen !!! To all be blessed !!!
      August 29 at 12:38pm · · 3 people
    • Pang William Ryan, then I believe you're Spirit filled and in fellowship with Him... the difference is you think sometimes it is so clear and simple that we don't need Him to tell anything but Dawn and I believe we do. True, God has given us common sense and I use it everyday too but I still would like to hear from Him. Being independent of Him is going back to the flesh. The worst thing to do is to feed the prodigal son when he saw even the pigs food looks good. (Luk 15:16) You know what I mean. Shalom.
      August 29 at 2:19pm ·
    • Ian J. Menogan
      Tithing is not only not for Christians, it is truly impossible to do today. Even Jews are not tithing. The tithe was created by God as a means of support for the Levitcal Priesthood. The Levitical Priests were not allowed to own property or work. Their entire purpose was to act as the governing body of the Jewish people. Therefore, God made it so the other tribes of Israel would provide for the Levites so they would not want for the necessary things of life. The Levitical Priesthood is no longer in existence. Jesus is our High Priest.

      Tithing may have existed before the Law, but so did animal sacrifice. Are we now to bring a goat before the congregation and slit its throat for the forgiveness of our sins? And just because something was before the Law doesn't mean that it is somehow for Christians. When Abraham tithed to Melchizedek he tithed of the spoils of war, not anything he produced. Are we to pillage our neighbor and bring it to church? Giving 10% of your paycheck is fine, but it is not true tithing. If you are tithing in order to be blessed by God you are expecting something He did not promise to give to you and missing out on all that He has given you; Himself! Plus, if you are going to place yourself under Law, you must obey it all.

      God wants you, not your money. He has blessed you with every spiritual blessing and given you everything you need for life and godliness so you will rest from trying to get blessings of the flesh He didn't promise you and will never satisfy eternally. When the deepest desires of your heart are met in Him your mind will be on being a living sacrifice to be used by Him to do the works He created for you before the beginning of time. Be blessed.
      August 29 at 2:47pm · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson the reason the Holy Spirit mentions Abraham giving to Melchizedek a 10th of the spoils is to show that levi which came form abraham gave recognition to a greater priesthood, that of Jesus Christ. it is by no means endorsing giving a tenth of spoils to Jesus today, we give recognition by believing/trusting in his work of 100% salvation at the cross.
      August 29 at 3:02pm · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson Lina, so what you or Rudy or JP believe is that by giving 10% of your money to a congregation or to a ministry God then cleans up the other 90% so that it becomes free from the curse? its an elaborate teaching.
      August 29 at 3:18pm ·
    • Pang William
      Matthew, Tithing is not just about money... it is the first-fruit of yourself you give to honor Daddy such as I tithe my prime of the day in the morning to worship and thanking Him. Not that I have to but I love to and if I miss it, it is ok. He isn't loving me any less. I tithe my income to Christ through my church, not that I must but my way of showing my trust in Him and not the money. But if I didn't, it is ok. It is the heart that matters. Shalom.

      On what Lina, Rudy or JP's point... Rom 11:16 For if the first-fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. ... Christ our first-fruit is holy, we also holy. Likewise, our first-fruit tithed to Christ shall become holy, the rest also become holy.
      August 29 at 4:07pm · · 1 person
    • Ryan Clegg My point is: YOU CAN"T BE INDEPENDENT OF HIM WITH THE BIBLE!!! Jesus is the Word, the Bible is the Word! The Spirit always LINES UP WITH THE BIBLE
      August 29 at 9:17pm · · 3 people
    • Matthew Johnson Pang, you need to throw out 'tithe' it confuses people, its irrelevant, it means a 10th. your time focused on our dad is a time you enjoy and not a ritual as you say. Romans 11:6 does not refer to 'tithe' but Jesus who tithed for us therefore we qaulify to enjoy his blessings as your initial status reflects.
      August 30 at 5:40am · · 1 person
    • Pang William Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!... For Christ is the Tithe to the world that we may be saved by Grace. What then? Shall we not tithe because Christ is the Tithe? Certainly not!
      August 30 at 3:06pm · · 1 person
    • Sandy Crosby Once I heard Joycey Myer say; that a lady came to her after the service and demanded her money back, sayin 'it didn't work. LOL she thought that she would only give in order to recieve, that is not giving; Jesus said... as Pang, you already pointed out :)
      August 31 at 12:29am · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Thanks for your postings: Ian, Matthew, Pang and all. Most helpful!
      August 31 at 12:56am · · 1 person
    • Lynette Erasmus You know what....I tithe just because I love God! It is a act of Love ~shalom~
      August 31 at 1:21am · · 1 person
    • Pang William Matthew, I want to thank you and apologize for disagreed with you on the point that the rest of the 90% becomes holy after we tithed. As I seek Him further, He revealed to me... Joh 17:10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. And also in Luk 15:31 ..."Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours". ... That tells me all that I have is already holy for whatever is His is mine and mine is His and His is definitely Holy. Thank you, Matthew.
      August 31 at 6:08am ·
    • Debbie Namirr Thank you, Pang for posting those verses.
      August 31 at 9:01am · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson
      pang, we are growing in grace together and seeing more daily! Lynette, thats great but when you tell people that its confusing for tithe is no longer relevant in the same way that circumcision is, it would be like me saying to a friend, you know what i did? i got circumcised because i love God! or, you know what? i sacrificed my dog on my garden table...because i love God. we are not dictated to by ritual or old spiritial laws in the same way that God is not. the OT tabernacle was an illustration of the seperation that existed between God and man, that man could not just approach God on his own merits, there were offerings that had to made and part of this system was the tithe that supported the levitical priesthood as ian mentions. now through jesus work there is no seperation between God and man, God has joined himself with man so that our spiritual status is that of 'seated with him in heavenly places' from this position a true godly generosity is born and we give from abundance as and when we want.
      August 31 at 2:42pm · · 1 person
    • Debbie Namirr Matthew you're direct & clear...
      August 31 at 2:47pm · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson i just want to add that some ministries have become very wealthy by the tithe teaching which is based on giving to get more rather than generosity flowing from a heart filled with consciousness of the finished work of Jesus. i tithed through fear for many years thinking that God would not bless me if i didn't.
      August 31 at 2:48pm · · 1 person
    • Lynette Erasmus
      It is all about LOVE my friend. Whatsoever you do without LOVE is worthless. The more you grow deeper in the LOVE of God...the more you know HIM....the
      more you understand HIM....and the more clearer you hear HIS voice as HE
      gives the revelation. Never forget "GOD IS LOVE".The WORD of God is much
      deeper than we can ever imagine. JESUS brought us into complete
      freedom....FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN THE SON...ARE FREE INDEED! The greatest of
      all in life is "LOVE"!
      God is not a religion......HE IS LOVE! You know what? It is not about works
      my friend.
      Because I love Him.....I obey Him. Because I love Him...I tithe....
      I do the WORD without compomise.....because I LOVE HIM!
      The bottom line is LOVE. Take LOVE out.....and you become a useless nobody
      one translations says....
      God bless you my friend and I love you to!
      August 31 at 7:54pm via ·
    • Matthew Johnson i simply raised the issue of calling your giving 'tithing' as it means 10% of your first fruits which you eat in the house of God and every third year give to the levites.
      August 31 at 8:12pm ·
    • Pang William Matthew, could you explain... which you eat in the house of God and every third year give to the levites?
      September 1 at 5:28am ·
    • Debbie Namirr
      ‎=#

      I'm listening

      Learning

      As u converse
      September 1 at 5:36am · · 1 person
    • Jillian Anne Clarke-mcLeod If anything is a heavy yoke, an argument of who's right, compulsion, manipulative, makes you feel less, or guilty, it's not His way. He will guide you with deep joy, peace & assurance. We CANNOT fail. He's loved us into superabundant victory. Praise be to His Name. Blessings to y'all. :)
      September 1 at 8:27am · · 1 person
    • Matthew Johnson
      Deu 14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
      Deu 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
      Deu 14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
      Deu 14:25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:
      Deu 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
      Deu 14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
      Deu 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
      Deu 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
      September 1 at 2:29pm ·
    • Lynette Erasmus
      Pang, I am not here to convince or to teach you about what to believe. It is for you to personally go and sit at the feet of Jesus, and He who is the
      best teacher you could ever ask for, will reveal it all to you. I love you
      and God bless you greatly! Just remember always...that we are not in the law .....we have a much better covenant in Christ Jesus. God is LOVE and our motivation for anything and everything must be LOVE. The word says: If you
      love Me...you will obey me...
      So obey the whole bible from Genesis to Revelation.....not because of law,
      BUT because you LOVE God and because LOVE lives in the inside of you...... ~shalom~
      September 1 at 8:12pm via ·
    • Pang William Thank you Lynette for reminding me... ya it is all about Christ and His Love. Without Him, we are nothing. Just wonder why your post? It is because I asked Matthew to explain his quote? :))
      September 1 at 8:38pm ·
    • Lynette Erasmus
      You know what? ..."in Him" we are just like Him. Without Him we are
      nothing. When God look at us, He sees Jesus! Isn't that wonderful. I just wanted you to know that when you trace everything back....it goes back to
      LOVE. Our attitude must be...because I love God and I am so thankful of what
      He has done for me...I will obey Him and do His word as He leads
      me....because I love Him. People can very easily miss it because of the law.
      I just wanted to share with you thats all... love you in Christ Jesus!
      ~shalom~
      September 2 at 5:35pm via ·

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off...Abraham did not give a tenth of all he had. He gave a tenth of the spoils from the battles. The whole story is told in the book of Hebrews TO THE HEBREWS not as a command to anyone to tithe but to show that the priesthood of Christ is better than the levitical priesthood since Levi in the loins of Abraham gave to Melchisedek and therefore the lesser gave to the greater.
When the tithe was given as part of the law, it was the first fruit of their CROPS. It was for the levitical priesthood who tended to the things of the temple and did not work. Any one who wants to follow any point of the Mosaic law had better follow the WHOLE law or else have the law condemn them. Christ fulfills all that is in the law in the Children of Israels' place. Further, since Christ is the "firstfruits of them that slept" he actually BECOMES the tithe or firstfruit of the crop (remember he gathers the WHEAT INTO THE BARN)
I have a bit of news for all of my fellow new covenant gentile christian brethren.....we were NEVER under the old covenant and so we are not under the new covenant either. The words "new testament" are certainly not in the manuscripts and are therefore an interpretation. Read Jer. 31:30 carefully and slowly and see who the new covenant is for. The new covenant will be established when Christ returns the second time and it will be established with the JEWS when they are gathered together from the four quarters of the earth and brought into the kingdom promised to Abraham and his seed. The law will be written on THEIR hearts and ALL will know the Lord. Has anyone seen this happen yet??

What we believers in Christ have today is a hope far greater than an earthly kingdom that was promised to Israel. We are saved now... they will be saved then. We are sealed now Eph1:13...they will be sealed then Rev 7:4.
We are already "seated in the heavenlies" as Paul writes in the letter to the Ephesians. We are part of the "ekklesia which is His body" a hope NEVER given to the children of Israel. Yes....after the thousand year kingdom on earth where Israel is the "head and not the tail" and after Satan is released from the abyss and destroyed, we will enter the eternal state and the differences between the promised people of God and those who believe in Christ during this present eon will be no more.