Friday, November 19, 2010

We walk by faith, not by sight.

‎2Co 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. ... We are supposed to walk by faith, not by sight but how many of us can? If you have a choice, you'd rather walk by sight. You only walk by faith... when you have no choice. Agree?
November 15 at 11:46am · · ·
    • Susan Zomparelli Its in the "old man's" nature to walk by sight...we put off the old man, and walk in a new direction. Do not agree with the things that are passing, but agree with what the word of God says. Speak the things that are not as though they were~ NOW agree ♥
      November 15 at 11:51am · · 2 people
    • Grace Miranda we speak the word as the way we want tings to be. Jesus said light be... when everything is darkness then there was light.
      November 15 at 12:02pm · · 2 people
    • Tina Porter wow if I walked by sight I would be a mess....when you pray you have to believe you have it already in Jesus name.....Faith will get you through....nothing I can see spells Victory only Jesus Christ spells out V I C T O R Y!!!! walk by faith my dear brother its better way♥ you will walk faster, stronger and head held high knowing God is in control..
      November 15 at 12:02pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William Don't agree? Give all your money to the poor and trust Him to get you through the days. Would you?
      November 15 at 12:06pm · · 2 people
    • Tina Porter i have had no money and no home and yes He did!!!!! and always will bring me through!!!!! sorry you dont see the blessing in FAITH WALKING...God bless you take care
      November 15 at 12:09pm · · 1 person
    • Grace Miranda blessings such as prosperity is one of God's desire for His children, i believe. :)
      November 15 at 12:11pm · · 2 people
    • Susan Zomparelli Pang, He once told me to do just that, and I had no money to pay my rent!! haha, faith beats sight just as paper covers rock-every time.
      November 15 at 12:11pm · · 2 people
    • Susan Zomparelli I will say this though Pang~it isnt always easy (but its always worth it)
      November 15 at 12:12pm · · 3 people
    • Tina Porter AMEN!!! Susan FAITH WALK ROCKS!!!!
      November 15 at 12:13pm · · 1 person
    • Ian J. Menogan
      Faith is your response to the truth that has been revealed to you. Faith has to have an object. The object of our faith is Jesus Christ. When you realize and experience all that you have in Him, then you will respond to that by faith. For example, when you sin, Jesus says you are forgiven. Faith says "thank you" and then you approach the Lord to find out why you weren't trusting Him when you sinned. And it goes on from their. It isn't a blind faith, but a faith built on the truth of God's Word and who we are in Christ. Be blessed.
      November 15 at 12:45pm · · 4 people
    • Irene Serunkuma faith talks
      November 15 at 12:48pm ·
    • Tina Porter wonderfully and beautifully worded Ian God Bless you
      November 15 at 12:49pm · · 1 person
    • Greg Plunkett
      I prayed once that if the Lord asked me to sell what I had & give it away I could. The reason for that is I didn't want 'things' to be more important in my life than obedience to Jesus. It was a bit of a scary prayer ...what if the Lord asks me to actually do that!? He did - last year, we sold all we had in Canada to come to Kenya for ministry. We came with no financial support from anyone. Now, months later... since we stepped out in faith - not blind faith - but faith in what the Lord has spoken & revealed to us - we are seeing a shift beginning to happen. We lost our church building recently to a corrupt slum landlord - THEN someone from Canada has pledged funds for us to get our own,[probably not enough for completion, but we believe the Lord completes what He starts]. Other such blessings have come on top of that.
      Without faith, it's impossible to please God. It's the most exciting life to live - seeing the hand of God... seeing Him open the windows of heaven & pouring out blessings there isn't room enough to contain them....
      I love our lives of faith. I love Rev.12:11 - gives us new & powerful testimonies to add to our faith & lift us up in the challenging times.
      A bit long-winded I know - but in answer to your question - I'll take walking by faith. Jesus has given me everything I have of value & it's all His anyway. I hope my faith pleases Him so much.
      November 15 at 1:07pm · · 5 people
    • Ian J. Menogan Thanks Tina.
      November 15 at 1:11pm ·
    • Tina Porter ‎:) GBU
      November 15 at 1:14pm ·
    • Pang William
      Dear Tina, you have totally missed my point. I'm not saying to walk by sight and not by faith. Please read my post again.

      Think about it... when was the last time that you used your faith to believe for money when you have plenty? When was the last time you prayed for healing when you are healthy? No, I don't think so and that's why I said... You only walk by faith... when you have no choice. Your faith is only activated when you are in need of it. I hope you see my point now :))
      November 15 at 1:28pm · · 3 people
    • Tina Porter God Bless you Pang have a beautiful Night :)
      November 15 at 1:29pm ·
    • Terry Hunter Very true, we like using our 5 senses rather than believing and receiving what we cannot see.. but I do believe we walk by faith otherwise we couldnt and wouldnt be so in love with Jesus.We wouldnt trust Him as much as we do either. :)
      November 15 at 1:33pm · · 1 person
    • Felicia Chew Hui Ling I used to walk by sight because I was an unbeliever. When I believe that Jesus died for my sins and He renewed my inward man. My Old inward man have passed away and therefore, I walk by faith as a new creation.
      November 15 at 1:35pm · · 3 people
    • Pang William Thanks Tina and have a blessed good night... zzz ... Faith is letting go our worries and go to sleep... like Abram sleep when God made a covenant for him.
      November 15 at 1:48pm ·
    • Pang William Whether our faith is strong or not... we only find out in time of trials!
      November 15 at 1:58pm ·
    • Felicia Chew Hui Ling Grace SUPPLIES, Love GIVES, Faith TAKES! :D
      November 15 at 2:16pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      Actually many believers still walk by sight and not by faith... thinking no different than the world. Faith is unseen and most of the time the opposite of sight.

      Ask the parents... Which is better? A straight As result or failed all papers? You may say what a stupid question... off cause straight As! Which parent doesn't want their son/daughter to do well? But do you know that either answers are determined by good or bad, right or wrong... They are of the law, they are of the sight!

      So then how to walk by Faith?... The answer isn't determined by good or bad, right or wrong but full of peace and joy in the heart. So which is better? :))
      November 15 at 2:39pm · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      Greg, I like your post... I called it practical living because this is how our Daddy wants us to live... purely by faith! Initially it is hard but our faith strengthen everything He brought us through the trial. Step by step we grow stronger in faith.

      I used to ask Daddy when is this going to end? I don't want to live in lack over and over again. Why can't You bless me a BIG time so that I have no lack no more. Guess what He said to me one day? The day will come when you have full Faith. And what is full Faith? He said: It is the day that you don't even aware when there is a trial.

      I know I'm not there yet but I know the day is near because it is getting easier and easier already... This is what I've learnt... Let go and let Him! The more we let go, the more His Grace flows! We rest, He works! We work, He rests!

      Deeper thinking...
      Q: What is a trial when it is not affecting you? A: No more a trial.
      Q: What is lack when you are not aware of it? A: No lack.
      Q: What is sickness when it does no harm to you? A: Nothing.
      November 15 at 3:41pm ·
    • Pang William
      Hi Grace, I agreed with you totally that it is His will for us to prosper. How can the righteous be lack? How can a righteous be sick? Definitely not! But... (sorry, there is still a but) we can't deny many still lack, many still sick.

      Why? To me our life on earth is a life of change toward the same image from glory to glory as the Son! The more we know who we are in Christ, the more we transform to be like Him, the more we are transformed, the less the self remain, lack and sick too... until we are fully transformed. Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. ... That's the time lack, sickness, greed and flesh... have no dominion over us! Hallelujah!!
      November 15 at 4:58pm · · 1 person
    • Bonnie George
      Here the apostle Paul is not referring to paying rents or any money matters.. make no mistake God is capable of taking care of all that. But Christian faith walk is much more than that... It is the faith that enables to see into eternity where we will lack absolutely nothing. Read the whole passage.. Paul did lack a lot on this earth but he cared the least for what he lacked because his eyes were fixed on Jesus and his heavenly home.

      Faith walk is not always a bed of roses. If it were or if the thousands of missionaries that live in the deepest parts of Africa and other places around the world thought it were so then the Gospel would never have reached people like me. If you are a true Christian then living in the US shouldn't be more comfortable than living in a third world country. We should hate this world and be ready to get out as soon as possible. Be ready to fly out when the trumpet calls.. Don't keep anything here that will make you want to look back like Lot's wife did. "On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. Luke 17:31"

      God doesn't care much about our earthly comfort so shouldn't we. He doesn't want us to be comfortable here.. he wants us to lose our life for.. Everything the earth has is also available in heaven and much much more.. Lets walk by faith fixing our eyes on what we haven't seen but know exists :).. Love you all in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      November 15 at 10:33pm · · 1 person
    • Susan Zomparelli
      Bonnie

      I am not so sure that God dosnt care much about our earthly comfort-I believe He does. I think that some of us are called to give (such as the missionaries) so they live lives that do not have much.

      If we look at the OT, most of Gods people were the wealthiest most prosperous people, with much power as well. At the same time I agree with you totally that the love of this world and the things of it should never hinder our walk with the Lord, and that we should be able to walk away without blinking an eyelash.

      Whether we have stuff or not we should indeed walk by faith fixing our eyes on what we haven't seen but know exists
      November 15 at 11:15pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      Dear Bonnie, I understand your point on Apostle Paul and that's the path to lead us to... be like Christ. But we can never get there if we walk by sight. We can say to our brothers and sisters in Christ... you must love God, you must not just think of yourselves, you must give to another who is in need... the end result is.. we push them all away from God instead of drawing near to God.

      Let me share a little testimony... I was like many others... self seeking, money motivated when I came to Jesus, I came for a selfish reason. Just because someone told me He can help me with my financial problems. I said to myself... enough struggles for me and whatever help I can get... I'll get! I was desperate and so I came with great expectation that He would not let me down. I said... Jesus, by your grace though you were rich, yet you became poor for me so that I can be rich. That's why I came.

      Truly, truly... for the last three and a half year, He never failed me. No matter how bad the situations, somehow the money came! And as I grow in Christ, I learn many things but one thing I considered most important of all is... His Love! The driving force behind all things. Without Love, there is no faith, no grace, no hope, no future, no heaven, no earth... nothing! And it is not our love but His Love. Now I look back to the things I seek, the houses, the cars, the money I wanted... It just somehow no more important to me and all I can say is... He has changed me... and all by Himself! Let's know His Love and faith working through His Love will lead us in the paths of righteousness to become like Him. Amen.
      November 16 at 12:48am ·
    • Pang William
      Remember the three friends of Daniel... Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. (Dan 3). They have full Faith. They rather go through the burning fiery furnace believing that their God whom they serve is able to deliver than to fall down and worship the image of King Nebuchadnezzar. Ever imagine if you were one of them, would you do the same? That's the kind of full Faith I was talking about.

      Dan 3:25 "Look!" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."
      November 16 at 4:11am · · 1 person
    • Susan Zomparelli We all walk by faith though...its growing every day. We live the Christian life by faith, not by sight. The things that are given in plain view are a gift and the things that are by faith are even greater a gift. I preach the word of God, whom I have not seen nor heard with my ears and I KNOW that He is real and that His word is true. There are many ways which we do live by faith Pang...but I think you are trying to say something that I just dont understand...this happens all the time with my sister and I lol...
      November 16 at 7:24am · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      ‎1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1Co 1:5 that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 1Co 1:6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 1Co 1:7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

      Susan, this is you and those who seek Him... that we labored not out of flesh but the Spirit and His grace toward us is not in vain... though we might not understand everything fully now yet we are made complete in Him in the spirit... we already know all things. Glory be to God. Hallelujah!
      November 16 at 8:35am · · 1 person
    • Curtis Allen Farmer
      May I submit this? Faith is relative to our understanding of it and our circumstances. If I "see" it - I don't have to have "faith" for it. (Romans 8:24-25) Let's say (naturally speaking) that I know that I have a certain amount of money coming in. Regardless of what I say about "living by faith", that circumstance does NOT REQUIRE me to have FAITH for my provision. Though I may have a kind of GENERAL overall FAITH in God to get and keep the job that brings me the money that buys my provision and keep me healthy to work etc. However, those are two KINDS or DEGREES of FAITH.

      If I have insurance and can go to the doctor when I am sick etc then even if I am thankful that God indirectly enabled me to have insurance and a doctor - I AM NOT "strictly" WALKING or LIVING by FAITH IN GOD'S GRACE "alone" for my healing - (i.e. by HIS stripes - not by the doctors treatment).

      Please notice here. I am not saying that one "degree" of FAITH is WRONG and the other is RIGHT. I am just distinguishing BETWEEN the two. All FAITH of ANY kind in God is GOOD. God just wants us all to trust Him more. In fact HE wants us ALL to trust HIM completely!

      But like Pang said, most of the time most of us wont because it is too scary or death-dealing to our flesh. Of course no one wants to admit that. So we call it something else and find others who will make us feel good about that by agreeing with us.

      However, one of the purposes of FAITH is to deal a death to "self". Self "help", self "ability", self "sufficiency" etc. God's GRACE is ALL sufficient. He doesn't NEED or WANT our "help". If he did - He would have kept the LAW in place. Faith in God's Grace plus NOTHING is the ONLY thing that will please God.

      God doesn't need or want our "ability", "talent", "ingenuity" etc. He just wants us. Yet many of us have some of that and find it difficult to "give up" trusting in or relying on those. That is especially the case when "Christianity" has become so "commercialized" by the modern day church. I.E. "like the world". Live like normal people do and "call" it FAITH.
      Thursday at 9:05am · · 1 person
    • Pang William Beautifully said, Curtis. Praise our Lord. Can I say it like this... We cannot have more faith unless it is given to us. Faith comes only when we needed it like in desperate situations. There is no faith when we still can rely on self. Self must go! Faith comes first then we can let go and Grace appears... not Let go first then Faith will come. Without Faith we can never let go. Do you agree?
      Thursday at 12:48pm ·
    • Curtis Allen Farmer
      Yes and it is God's will to grow us from faith to faith and from glory to glory. He is MORE interested in what happens IN us than He is TO us. Therefore, He will do TO us (or allow to be done to us) whatever is necessary to produce IN us what HE wants. He in MORE interested in our INNER QUALITY of life than He is in our OUTER QUALITY of life.

      When we become the same then we position ouselves to be trustworthy of OUTER blessings in a greater and greater measure that is TRULY "from" Him. He is the BLESSER. He just wants our heart to seek HIM and not His blessing. He is preparing us for eternity - even if it is to rule on a (new) earth for eternity.

      Jesus was VERY CLEAR about all of this. But many preachers have put the cart before the horse and so many have swallowed their teaching about this "hook-line-and-sinker" because it is EASIER (on the flesh) and is more NATURAL.

      Therefore, the "church" has become so "worldly" (world-like) and "carnal" and "commercial". If you have charisma, talent, looks or other natural "ability" you can "go places" in the modern day church. It has a "show" of godliness - but very little power.
      Friday at 1:35am · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

      He foreknew, He predestined, He called, He justified and He glorified! The question is are you... He foreknew? If so... what part are you to do since He has done it all? The answer is you have no part to do... but believe. The just shall live by Faith!
      Yesterday at 3:07am ·

No comments: