Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If we can't lose our salvation, why then it says you will die?

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. ... Someone was asking... if you said we can't lose our salvation, why then it says you will die? Is your salvation secured?
November 5 at 1:49am · · ·
    • Meredith Martin
      ‎" Blessed be the GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, who according to HIS abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the RESURRECTION of JESUS CHRIST from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in Heaven for you, who are kept by THE POWER of GOD through Faith for Salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." ~ 1 Peter 1:3-5
      LORD JESUS help us all the walk in THE SPIRIT and deny the flesh with the SWORD of YOUR CORSS! Amen to YOUR GLORY O GOD!
      November 5 at 1:57am · · 7 people
    • Steven Pephyrs It not my obedience but Jesus obedience. YES!!! my saivation is SECURE.
      November 5 at 1:59am · · 6 people
    • La-tosiha Simms Amen
      November 5 at 2:00am · · 1 person
    • Terry Hunter Our salvation is secured. Jesus said to Nicodaemus -Unless one is born again you cannot see the Kingdom of God.....we are born again and by His grace cannot be 'unborn' again. :)
      November 5 at 2:01am · · 3 people
    • Terry Hunter John 3:16 Read the whole of John 3. GBUP
      November 5 at 2:02am · · 2 people
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy Not even if we turn from God?
      November 5 at 2:10am · · 2 people
    • Terry Hunter ‎@ Garry - I believe God holds on to you even when you turn away for a while, He will draw you unto Him
      November 5 at 2:14am · · 2 people
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy Hmm. Maybe theres degrees dont really know
      November 5 at 2:16am · · 1 person
    • Terry Hunter Garry, once you know the Lord and His goodness you will not intentionally turn away from him don't you agree? :)
      November 5 at 2:21am · · 3 people
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy I get you, but people do, it is possible
      November 5 at 2:22am via · · 1 person
    • Terry Hunter I believe once saved always saved, a baby cant be unborn even if it turns away from its parents ? :)
      November 5 at 2:35am · · 3 people
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy Like my friend who turned from God into homosexuality, drugs and alcohol?
      November 5 at 2:38am ·
    • Steven Pephyrs Back in 1980 I came to Jesus. In 1995 I went back to the world.I was under law. In 2003 I went to prison for bank robbery. So yes Papa, had His hand on me through all of it.
      November 5 at 2:47am · · 3 people
    • Terry Hunter Do you think that God will ever let him go? No, I believe God will tug at his heart/spirit, Jesus died for the sin of your friend 2000 years ago. He sacrificed His life for your friend and many others like him GOD'S GRACE. GBG
      November 5 at 2:48am · · 1 person
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy I believe that is possible, just im not sure if it is for everybody. God bless you for the awesome testamony
      November 5 at 2:48am · · 1 person
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy Remember god is a holy and righteous God, and just as well
      November 5 at 2:48am · · 1 person
    • Steven Pephyrs What about Abraham???
      November 5 at 2:54am ·
    • Terry Hunter Amen He is, but HE loves unconditionally :) GBG
      November 5 at 3:18am · · 1 person
    • Pang William I turned away to another faith 20 years ago... but He never left me! Now I'm back and He still called me beloved. His Love is bigger than we can ever imagine.
      November 5 at 3:27am · · 3 people
    • Terry Hunter Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo Bother Pang. We have a BIG God. A LIVE God. A GRACIOUS God. Thank you Father
      November 5 at 3:33am · · 1 person
    • Steven Pephyrs Thank You Papa God for LOVING us first.
      November 5 at 3:34am · · 3 people
    • Sandy Crosby
      Gal 4:19, 20 says we can fall from grace, to be in need of having Christ reborn in us. So yes you can fall away from grace, but God will bring you back when you finally come to realise how little you are worth without HIM, and you again come to the end of yourSELF. And return to Grace not works & law, to faith & Spirit not flesh. If we have too much confidence in our abillities we will fall away... for awhile till we are humbled of our selfrighteousness & Pride in SELF!
      Notice Pang, that the verse says "if we... THROUGH THE SPIRIT...do put to death' the flesh. Thats why I say "Not by might, nor by willpower, but BY GODS SPIRIT addictions go, flesh dies, bad fruit dries us effortlessly as we Behold Jesus. ''Have no confidence in the flesh, but Rejoice in Christ Jesus and worship God in the Spirit''!Gal.3;3.
      November 5 at 12:00pm · · 1 person
    • Terry Hunter ‎@ Sandy - I read it and it speaks about Law and Grace cannot co-exist. Maybe I am misundrstanding yoiu Sandy:) Have a great day
      November 5 at 3:06pm ·
    • Pang William
      This is what I wrote in my previous post...

      What about Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. ... like Kermit mentioned above. So you may ask... if you said we can't lose our salvation then why it says you will die?

      How many would agree that the Bible is a very complicated book yet very simple if led by the Spirit? Let me tell you... I wasn't any different from any of you disagreed with me here. I too could not accept the theory of "Once Saved, Always Saved". At some point I even ask... does it really matter? As long as I know I'm saved is good enough. But the Spirit said otherwise... Rom 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit... If you are not solid and strong in you believed, you're wavering and easily being deceived...

      You are what you ate, you are what you received, and most of all, you are what you believed! I think we all agreed on that! But how do you know what you eat is good? What you received benefit you? What you believed is the Truth?

      Now here is how we know... God said: Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.". We no longer live by right or wrong, good or bad... the law but by joy and peace in our hearts and in our minds of the Holy Spirit.

      Therefore when you read a verse like Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live... What was the immediate response in your heart and what was the first thought came into your mind? For me... the first response was fear thinking that I better be careful not to live by the flesh or I will lose my salvation and die. Soon the next thought came... it is impossible not to live by flesh cos we are in the flesh everyday (It was still fear). Next thought came with a verse... I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me... Now like a bulb turned on (fear began to disappear), I began to think... Since it is not I who live but Christ lives in me for I am in Christ and Christ is a Spirit that also make me a spirit too (faith is appearing). Next thought... if I am in Christ and Christ lives my life... what is there to worry? I am completely confident to say I will never live according to the flesh and die because it is Christ who lives in me by the Spirit and not I who live! Christ cannot fail, therefore I cannot fail!!! (joy and peace arrived)

      Joy, peace and love are the indicators to your answers and faith is always there. I said this before but I'll say it again... If you see faith, you see Life but if you see doubt, you see death! This is exactly the same meaning as Rom 8:13. Shalom.
      November 5 at 5:32pm · · 1 person
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy Well I guess after thinking about it sowing the seed I cannot think other than my friends coming back to Christ, I believe they can by the sowing of my and the other Christians in their lifes seeds, I just keep praying for them thats all I can do
      November 5 at 10:39pm · · 1 person
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy
      But its hard like if they died tommorrow or I dont even know they could be dead now I dont know what would happen. I cannot and should not judge them im my own righteousness but only in gods. Can you check this site

      www.thewayofthemaster.com

      It is an amazing evangalism tool
      November 5 at 10:41pm ·
    • Terry Hunter God will give them a chance even in their last breath (my perception of my God)
      November 5 at 11:01pm · · 1 person
    • Garry 'Garth' Darcy I hope so :)
      November 6 at 3:21am · · 1 person

No comments: