Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What do you know about the parable of the talents?

Mat 25:29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. ... Are you the one to receive with abundance or the one what he has will be taken away?
Monday at 5:03am · · ·
    • Pang William
      Mat 25:20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.' 21 His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'

      Mat 25:22 He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.' 23 His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'

      Mat 25:24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.' 26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.

      So what do you think is that talents He gave us?

      Mat 16:19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
      Monday at 6:19am · · 2 people
    • Edward Tamakloe Preach on my brother...
      Monday at 8:26am ·
    • Pang William Edward, we are getting to it... He said: ...you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed... So what is that He expected us to do with the talents He gave us? Let me give a hint... It isn't the works we do but a gift He gave!
      Monday at 10:39am · · 1 person
    • Pang William
      The next parable Jesus shared was...

      Mat 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

      Mat 25:35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'

      Mat 25:37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

      Mat 25:40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

      The key point here is in verse 37... Who are the righteous?
      Monday at 4:08pm · · 2 people
    • Edward Tamakloe Hmmm! Deeep bro:-). Loving it. Actually learning more from u...
      Monday at 4:14pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      And Jesus continued from verse 41...

      Mat 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'

      Mat 25:44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'

      Mat 25:45 Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

      Mat 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

      Note that in verse 44 Jesus said... Then they also will answer Him... without the word righteous! And in verse 46 is the answer to this parable of sheep and goats.
      Monday at 5:01pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      From the beginning of Mat 25... is the parable of the ten virgins went out to meet the bridegroom, five wise took their lamps with oil and five foolish without. And when the bridegroom came, and the wise with oil entered with him to the wedding but not the foolish.

      Most of us understood this parable... as the oil symbolized the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit in us, we will never enter into the Kingdom of heaven.
      Monday at 5:23pm · · 2 people
    • Pang William
      But how many of us understood the parable of the talents?

      Mat 25:29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

      First take note of the word abundance in verse 29. What is that one thing He has given us that we can have in abundance?

      In the context of this parable... It is talking about the talents. But what is the talent that the master has given us? From the first parable, we learnt of His Holy Spirit and from the last parable, we learnt of His righteousness. And so from the middle parable... It is His Grace (Jesus Christ). He is always in the midst. So for verse 29 should be interpreted... For to everyone who has received His Grace, more will be given, and he will have abundance of Graces! Our holiness cannot be increased and our righteousness also cannot be increased but His Grace can be increased in us!

      Rom 5:17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
      Monday at 6:01pm · · 3 people
    • Pang William
      He said: ...you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed...

      So what is that He expected us to do with the talents He gave us? Receive and multiply... not by works but by faith through the fruit of the Spirit.

      Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Amen.
      21 hours ago · · 2 people
    • Jim Moran
      Well i'll wear the bullseye..to me a talent is nothing if not used for the Glory of God..every blessing we recieve should be given back to God..we are made by God for God..so many get so hung up on works and law..to serve the Lord out of your love..is not works and is not law..to sereve Him not because you feel you must to get in heaven and or because you have to please Him..but because you love Him..so any talent i am given i will give back in my ways to my Lord..and at the end of the day..it's really only His words that count...God Bless you all.
      12 hours ago · · 2 people
    • Brandon J. Horner
      see it is in the wording on how we receive, in our understanding, let go and let God, if one knows the end from the beginning, is much easier than other way around, grace in the form of Jesus in Spirit and in truth was not yet known to man in matthew 25, so we need to receive the Word as a whole and since knowing the truth, no excuses left, faith without works is dead,not by works but by faith through the fruit of the Spirit, what is faith........and what of the gifts of the Spirit......... i too get to be a bull's eye as jim........... simply put love is the greatest....hallelujah
      11 hours ago · · 2 people
    • Brandon J. Horner Jesus bore fruit by perfect obedience, wow, and when the Holy Spirit came upon Him, wow, healings, miracles, demon cast out, and He said, even greater things shall ye do in My name.......shall we........when it comes down to it, i am a vessel of clay, for God to inhabit......wow...He chose Man.......thank You Jesus
      11 hours ago · · 2 people
    • William Keen
      Romans 7..5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death..1 John 3.4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.Romans 7..6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
      7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, ............Thou shalt not covet.

      .Romans 7....17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
      18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
      19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
      20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
      21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
      22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
      23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
      24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
      25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

      Romans 8
      1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
      2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
      3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
      4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
      5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
      6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
      7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
      8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
      9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
      10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

      1 John 3....9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

      Hebrews 10
      1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

      Hebrews 10..9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
      10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

      14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
      15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
      16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
      17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
      18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
      19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
      20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
      21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
      22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
      23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
      7 hours ago · · 2 people
    • Sandy Crosby
      Have you noticed that the Bible never compared Jesus with the devil? Because there is no fight between darkness and Light. When the Light appeared darkness flee! But the Bible always compare Jesus with Moses. Grace vs law, Faith vs works, S...pirit vs flesh, Life vs death, the tree of Life vs the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. -
      Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.( also... Heb 10:9 & 8;7)
      5 hours ago · · 2 people
    • Brandon J. Horner amen good stuff...........love u all...................a body with many parts, hallelujah.........all hidden in Christ..............amen.....hallelujah.........selah
      5 hours ago · · 2 people

No comments: